Friday 13 February 2009

Trooper of the Sardinian Dragoon Regiment Sardegna 1754-73


Unit history and organisation: In the WAS the regiment had around 650 men, in 5 squadrons each of 2 companies.
(I have nothing on the history of this unit so if anyone knows more and can let me have details, I'd be grateful. Thanks.)

Uniform: Trooper: Black tricorne, white laced edge, white metal button, white strap, mid-blue cockade. Black stock. Bright red coat, yellow lapels, collar, cuffs, turnbacks, yellow edge to shoulder straps. White metal buttons. Red waistcoat, white metal buttons. Red breeches, white metal buttons. White inner stocking. Black leather bottines (boot-gaiters). Red shabraque and pistol holster covers with 2 lines of lace each consisting of 3 stripes (white-mid-blue-white). White crown and lettering. White sheepskin cover over pistol holster.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the Italian templates David. There's plenty of hard work gone into those I can see.
    I'm really tempted to build some of these units to add to my 18th C. campaign.

    Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Steve. Glad you like them.

    Although not strictly SYW troops, they do have a certain something that's enjoyably different! :-)

    David
    http://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one, may steal the uni for a Cavenderian Dragoon Squadron.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And why not? :-) Glad you like it...

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you - glad you like the blog. Just had a look at a couple of your blogs; enjoyable! Thanks.

    Regards,

    David.

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...